During the Night of Ideas places of knowledge and culture around the world are invited to celebrate the free flow of ideas by offering conferences, as well as screenings, and artistic performances.
Almost two years have passed, punctuated by the pandemic and its repercussions. The whole planet experienced closing borders, lockdown, suspended activities. How do we reconnect after all that? This first Maltese Night of Ideas will address the collectiveness in creation.
The first roundtable will explore the notion of being an author in the frame of a collective creation: from a historical perspective, by questioning the notion of copyright across ages and geo-cultural areas, to the participative creation of today.
The second roundtable will give the floor to bring forward initiatives, spaces and frames that gather the good conditions to co-creation which leads to time to explore, space to meet and exchange.
Speakers : Sandro Debono, Mathieu Quiniou, Laura Besançon, Margerita Pule, Caldon Mercieca, Lucie Duriez, Eugénie Drion, Toni Attard, Gaëtan Le Coarer, Yunis…
Note that Gaëtan Le Coarer will also intervene
- March 10: for a presentation of the projects carried out within the framework of the workshop-laboratory Texte & Image 6 @ L’Alliance Française Malte-Méditerranée
- March 21: in a seminar led by Pascal Robert (professor of Information and Communication Sciences) @ the École nationale supérieure des sciences de l’information et des bibliothèques (ENSSIB), Lyon
- St James Cavalier – Castille Place, Valletta VLT1060 Malta
- Register online
- facebook event
- EUR ArTec, Malta Society of Arts, Ambassade de France à Malte, Alliance Française de Malte-Méditerranée, Institut Français Paris, Université Paris 8, ComUE Université Paris Lumières, Université Savoie Mont-Blanc, Université de Malte, Laboratoire Citu Paragraphe.
- The Texte & Image 6 workshop-laboratory and Gaëtan le Coarer have received support from European Pepinieres of Creation.