The European Pepinieres of Creation support the initiative and the call “European residency – KULT XL Ateliers” launched by the Municipality of Ixelle (Brussels/Belgium). The project grants the use of the municipal short-term artists’ studio to visual artists.
Deadline : 24.04.2023 (10:00 GTM+2)
Who can apply?
This type of studio is exclusively for visual artists who are NOT resident in Belgium, but are European citizens and reside in one of the European member states. Exceptionally and until the end of the war in Ukraine, Ukrainian artists residing in Ukraine or in a European Union member state other than Belgium may also apply for the short-term studio. The call is open to visual artists who:
- are NOT resident in Belgium, but are European citizens and reside in one of the European member states.
- Exceptionally and until the end of the war in Ukraine, Ukrainian artists residing in Ukraine or in a European Union member state other than Belgium will also be allowed to file for the short-term studio ;
- are of age (18 years) at the time of the call;
- are not enrolled in a higher education institution, university or academy of fine arts awarding professional bachelor, master and doctoral degrees;
- have a professional artistic practice : this means that the artistic practice is the main professional activity of the candidate;
- are not represented by a gallery
Each candidate may submit only one application.
Please note that applications can only be submitted in either French or Dutch.
- Collective applications are accepted, on the condition that each member of the collective meets the eligibility criteria. Members of a collective are not allowed to also submit an individual application for the same call.
- Artists who have already benefited from a municipal artist studio in the past are not allowed to submit an application again.
What do the selected artists receive?
The laureates of this call can count on:
- the use of a municipal workspace for a period of 3 consecutive months ;
- the use of the exhibition space located at rue Wiertz 23 in 1050 Ixelles to organise exhibitions and events during the period of their residence, subject to the availability of the space and in agreement with the Culture Department;
- communication support: presentation of the artists in residence on the culture website and social media platforms of the municipality, publicity about the exhibitions and events that the artist organizes and/or is a part of;
- workshops and networking opportunities with members from the cultural field;
- if applicable, technical assistance for setting up and dismantling their exhibition or activity held in the exhibition hall located in the rue Wiertz 23 in 1050 Ixelles, for a maximum of 4 days (2 days for montage and 2 days for demontage);
- if applicable, the organisation of a vernissage.
The following 4 timeslots
- 01/07/2023 – 30/09/2023
- 01/10/2023 – 31/12/2023
- 01/01/2024 – 31/03/2024
- 01/04/2024 – 30/06/2024
- Two information sessions will be organised online on the following dates: Wednesday April 12, 2023 at 12:30 and Wednesday April 19, 2023 at 17:00.
- Please email the Culture Department (email@example.com) to register and to receive a link to the online info session.