The European Pepinieres of Creation support the call for applications for the 17th edition of Arte Laguna Prize which will be held from March 11 to April 26, 2023.
- €26,000 (including €10,000 for the first prize) + various exhibitions and residencies.
Deadline : Nov. 22, 2022
Arte Laguna Prize, the world’s most influential competition for artists and designers, showcases and promotes creative talent. With 17 years of history, Arte Laguna Prize offers the opportunity to join the huge network of collaborations around the world. Exhibition of the finalist artists in the breathtaking location of the Arsenale of Venice and much more.
- 10.000 € first prize Overall Winner
- 5000 € for an installation in Siena, Italy
- 3000 € for a work that uses steel
- 3000 € for the best work that enhances Sustainability
- 2000 € for a water-themed work
- 1000 € each for 3 Under 35 artists
- 36 days of exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice for 240 artists
- E-commerce on artelaguna.world
- Exhibitions in Veneto and Italy in 2023
- 1 exhibition in Beijing for the video art section’s finalists
- 1 exhibition at Cris Contini Gallery in London for 1 artist
- 30 days of exhibition at the Mediterranean Biennale for 1 artist
- 6 months of residency in Treviso, Italy
- 6 weeks of residency in Barcelona, Spain
- 4 weeks of residency in Bilpin, Australia
- 10 days of residency in Favara, Italy
- 15 days of residency in Lucca, Italy
Each year, Arte Laguna Prize collaborates with high-level international partners in order to provide artists with opportunities around the world. Each partner will choose an artist for the following special prizes:
- Artist residencies
- Art Galeries
- Companies for Art
- Festivals and Exhibitions
- Award for Art and Sustainability
- Award for Emerging Artists
The jury is made up of important curators and directors of museums active in different countries. The jury selects the 120 artists who will exhibit at the Arsenale Nord in Venice.
- Mohamed Benhadj
North Africa and Spain – Curator and Founder of AlTiba9
- Raphael Chikukwa
Zimbabwe – Executive Director of the National Gallery of Zimbabwe
- Giulia Colletti
Italy – Public Programs and Digital Sphere’s curator at Castello di Rivoli Museo d’Arte Contemporanea, Turin
- Paul di Felice
Luxembourg – Art Curator, Critic and Art Historian
- Chloé Hodge
United Kingdom – Project Manager at the Tate Britain, curator and producer
- Dick Spierenburg
Netherlands – Creative Director of IMM Cologne – The international furniture and interiors fair
- Xiaoyu Weng
New York and Toronto, Curator and Head of Modern and Contemporary Art, Art Gallery of Ontario
The brainchild of Cultural Association MoCA, Arte Laguna Prize is an international art competition dedicated to the visual arts, in particular painting, sculpture, photography, video art and performance, virtual and digital art. It was created to give the opportunity to art talents, more or less young, to emerge, to be noticed by the general public and by the jury composed of important names in the contemporary art scene, as well as to allow a democratic comparison between international artists.
The goal is to create an increasingly authoritative and influential system in the world of contemporary art by involving new players from year to year. Since 2006, a virtuous circuit has been created that sees many diversified realities as actors: Foundations, Museums, Galleries, Residences and spaces for art, Made in Italy companies and international brands, with which special projects were designed, then transformed in concrete opportunities for growth and momentum for the professional career of artists.
- Deadline : 22.11.2022
- Terms and Conditions
- Submission online
- artelagunaprize.com – artelaguna.world