Call for application : Domaine Du Tournefou | Artists Residencies | Musée Camille Claudel – Expérmentation Video | Deadline : 31/01/2019
This residence call is aimed at a video artist who will have to propose a work of original creation associating contemporary creation with XIXth and XIXth c. art history. The artist will have to highlight the fields of creation and draw a parallel between yesterday’s and today’s artists, between the museum’s collections and contemporary artistic creation.
The residence project is borne by the Camille Claudel museum of Nogent-sur-Seine, dedicated to XIXth and beginning XXth c. sculpture and to Camille Claudel’s work of art, as well as by the Domaine du Tournefou in Palis, an artistic center and priviledged place of residence. Located 30 km away from one another, both institutions live at different paces, which will be an integral part of this residence project, and – why not ? -may also be part of the artist’s questioning.
The aim of the residence project will be to conduct a work of original creation and associate the public to it, by means of following presentations :
- a meeting open to the public, where the artist-in-residence will present his/her work in progress at Domaine du Tournefou and/or at Camille Claudel museum ;
- a meeting and presentation of realised work for the agents and partners of Camille Claudel museum ;
- two mediation workshops for a school public at Domaine du Tournefou and Camille Claudel museum ;
- An end-of-residence final work presentation at Camille Claudel museu
- Stay in residence from October 1st to November 30, 2019.
- Full board accommodation at Domaine du Tournefou : creation 35m² studio and independant apartment – or individual room, with kitchen to be shared with another resident.
- Residence grant : 2000 € (including transfer of rights and transport fees from Domaine du Tournefou to Camille Claudel museum).
- Material fees and others : 500 €, taken in charge by Domaine du Tournefou.
- If the artist does not have a vehicule, there are possibilities to organise care-pooling with people from Domaine du Tournefou. Other means of transportation are in charge of artist-in-residence.
This call for artist-in-residence is aimed at professional, as well as emerging artists working in the field of video. The candidate must be motivated and show a sensibility to transmission and education. He(she) must speak French.
The selection of the laureate by the committee will be implemented upon project propositions presented by the candidates.
Documents to be provided :
- An argued presentation of project, which the artist wants to develop ;
- A curriculum vitae ;
- A file presenting already conducted work, stressing upon recent wo
The file is to be sent to following email address :
The stucture Tournefou Domain
Particularly dedicated to the fields of reasearch and creation, initiator of a new form of artistic and cultural development, the Tournefou Domain has a vocation to be a home of confidence for artists who came to experiment an artistic presence in rural territory.
The Tournefou, being a pluridisciplinary place of production and exhibitions, also allows the artist possibilities to meet with the population, the environment, places of art and culture and partners of the Tournefou’s program.
The Domaine du Tournefou is a place, inhabited and managed by a permanent team, comprising artists and artistic conselors who consider the concern about the individual and human communities as being at the heart of their actions. It is a place of diffusion and artistic education, as well as a place of encounters and exchanges.
In accordance with our artist-in-residence mission, spaces and times are conceived to offer you the best conditions for a work of creation, while dedicating other periods of time to discoveries and transmission, a balance which represents three commitment creteria : silence, relationship, confidence.
The Domaine du Tournefou is located in the village of Palis (600 inhabitants), a commune including three villages : Aix-Villemaur-Pâlis, in the Aube department, Grand Est Region. This harmonious and silent environment is at 30 mn’s drive from Troyes and Nogent-sur- Seine, 1h from Essoyes and 1h30 from Paris or Reims. You will find a bakery and a post office box in the village. Nearest banking facilities are in Aix-en-Othe (at 7 km), as well as a chemist’s, other shops and supermarkets. A traditional open air market is also proposed in Aix-en-Othe on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Running on from an ancient Champain style farm of the XVIIIth century, the artits’ alley comprises 5 individual studios, led by a large alley opening onto a wooded park. Each studio has an internet connection and free Wifi is provided for the artists in residence.
See photos of our residences (studios and lodgings) on following link :
Each stay in residence has its peculiarity, and attention is driven towards two priorities :
- the artist’s project, so that he(she) can implement his(her) work in the best possible conditions,
- transmission of the artist’s work of art through educational action and mediation in proximity with the pu
- deadline : 31.01.2019
- Musée Camille Claudel of Nogent-sur-Seine and Tournefou Domain @ Pâlis. In partnership with Pépinières Européennes de Création.