NFThon Kaunas is one of the regular CultureTech events from the NFThon series in the Baltics and the EU, which draw people’s attention to the potential of modern technologies and solutions (like NFT, Blockchain, Web3, Metaverse, AI, XR) in the fields of culture and sustainable development, involve them in the creative process and spawn a new wave of local and international digital artists, collectors and the surrounding community.
During the first in-person NFT hackathon in Baltics/EU that happened in the frame of Kaunas 2022: European Capital of Culture in Lithuania, in 3 days time, 20+ selected participants from Lithuania and Europe have created own unique NFT projects dedicated to the Hackathon’s themes: Creativity, Sustainability, Technology.
The results of the NFThon Kaunas are presented at the dedicated month-long (July-August 2022) exhibition “NFThon: The Future” in the main event space of the biggest shopping center in Kaunas – Akropolis.
Also, within 3 days NFThon Kaunas held open educational and onboarding lectures for everyone on various subjects, including Cryptoart History, Blockchain+Culture, Art+Tech, NFT platforms, Blockchains, Sustainability and more.
- Official opening ceremony at Magnum Business Center and Evolution networking zone
July 1st – closed event
- 8:30- 13:30 – closed event
- 13:30-14:30 ArtTech: Future is just coming — Ornela Ramašauskaitė // Lithuania based art market expert, founder of “artXchange Global”.
- 15:00-15:20 “The NFT Path to Enlightenment” — Oficinas TK // Portugal based artist. Cryptoart OG.
- 15:20-15:40 Metaverse: World of creativity — Lenara Verle // Germany based art and technology researcher. Cryptoart OG.
- 15:40-16:00 Who, what, why, how: understanding how public sector, cultural policy and CCI can leverage Metaverse — “Elena Ruikytė // Project Manager at Create Lithuania”
- 16:00-16:20 Creator economy in NFT space — Mattia Cuttini // Italy based artist, Cryptoart OG.
- 16:20-16:40 Land use, carbon credits, NFT’s – what’s in common? — Aira Paliukėnaitė and Gabija Tamulaitytė // Project Managers at Create Lithuania
- 16:40 – 17:00 Art, blockchain and sustainability — Ieva Gurklytė // Project Manager at Create Lithuania
- 17:00-17:20 “Don’t make crypto art”. Sound as an immense source of inspiration. — Ilan Katin // Germany based artist, sound art collaborator, Cryptoart OG.
- 17:20-17:40 FashionTech and a good cause – is it real? — Vytautas Mikaila, Eimutis Mikaila // LT Creativity & FashionTech platform Full of M.E.
- The opening of the created NFT artworks’ exhibition at Akropolis Kaunas, 3rd floor, events’ stage
- 30.06 > 03.07.2022
- Magnum Business Center
- Karaliaus Mindaugo pr. 38 44307 Kaunas, Lituanie
- nfthon.lt – audrafestival.lt
- Exhibition “NFThon: The Future” : Architect: Karolis Lasys | Curators : Austeja Jociuté and Gleb Divov | Initiated by : NFThon Kaunas team
In the framework of Kaunas, European capital of culture
- With the support of Transcultures and European Pepinieres of Creation