The ADN association – USINE UTOPIK is lauching an open call for a 54 days artistic residency to all graduated artists group in a collective with professional practice in contemporary creation which will take place in august/october 2021.
11 250 euros maximum
Dealine : 16th October 2020
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS : ARTISTIC RESIDENCY TO ARTISTS COLLECTIVE
The call for residence is open to all graduated artists group in a collective with professional practice in contemporary creation (painting, sculpture, installation, photo, drawing, ceramics, performance, etc…) without limited age or nationality. At the rate of six residences per year until now, the Usine Utopik want to welcomed this year a collective of artists in residency (4 artists in a collective maximum).
The residence takes place over a period of 54 days. The presence of the collective is required during 45 days. During the residency, if the artists must to be absent for other solicitations, including participation in external events, they must respect the authorized days off, that is 3 consecutive days (in a total of 9 days) provided that is compatible with the residency schedule (welcoming of the public) and the attendance card signed each day.
Period of residence
54 days in august/october 2021.
Diffusion and mediation
The artworks made during the residency remains the property of the collective. The broadcast of his stay, the collective commits to present his artistic project in this exhibiton space, towards the audience led by the mediator. The Usine Uotpik has published a booklet in quad format A5 to reproduce the work done during the residency.
The Usine Utopik takes care of the organization of the opening time to the public to allow artists to meet and exchange with children, adults, professionals….
Practical hosting procedures
- The housing is taking in charge by the Usine Utopik.
- The apartment have three bedrooms and a common areas to share : the dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom and the toilet. (there is possibility of arranging a 4th sleeping in the living room).
- Two workshops of 70m2 is available to the collective in the center.
- Technical assistance can be envisaged within the limits of the financial means of the structure.
- The Usine Utopik offers electro-‐portable tools (for more precision on the equipment, consult us)
- The water and electricity charges are assumed by the Usine Utopik. Wi-‐Fi access is provided at each workshop.
- The Usine Utopik takes care of all the expenses related to the inauguration of the exhibition (communication, opening…)
- The telephone calls, the trips and the food expenses are in charges by each artist.
- For residency, it’s strongly recommended to have a car because the municipality of Tessy does not benefits public transport (bus and train). The nearest town, Saint-‐Lô is at 18 kms.
ADN association – USINE UTOPIK is a creation center of Contemporary Art, located on a rural territory in the small town of Tessy Bocage (Normandy region). The creation center is placed in an old horticultural greenhouse).
Located in a municipality of 1500 inhabitants, the residences at Usine Utopik can offers a privileged framework for artists who wants to create artistic projects and it also has a large space for an exhibition. The center contributes to support artists in all phases of the their work, from research to diffusion.
The Usine Utopik wants to be a space for experiments and research, in order to promote art projects, to encourage meetings with the public through times of exchange, discovery and practice. Usine Utopik also hosts writers in residence and presents a diversified cultural program (exhibitions, art library, public readings, editorial policy, etc.) dedicated to bring publics with different artistic expressions.
- Deadline : 16.10.2020
- The selection committee will meet around mid November 2020
- Additional information and applications via the Usine Utopik Website
- L’Usine Utopik is supported by : l’Union Européenne – Programme Leader ; Conseil Régional de Normandie ; Conseil Général de la Manche ; Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication – DRAC Normandie ; Agglo Saint-Lô ; Commune de Tessy-sur-Vire
- The Usine Utopik calls for residencies 2019-2020 are supported by the Pépinières Européennes de Création network.
- Visual credits (photo background) : Usine Utopik – Noémie Boulon, Nicolas Desverronnières, résidences 57/58, 2019.