Avatar and Méduse are good for a screening session of recent work by the Italian artist Davide Tidoni (Pépinières MAP Meduse 2019 Laureat) this Wednesday, March 13 at 13h. In partnership with the program of Pépinières Européennes de Création, the Council of arts and letters of Quebec and the City of Quebec, this last one is in residence of creation since January 14th in Méduse and Avatar.
All Bodies End in Silence (2018) presents various performative actions performed using microphones. These actions question the materiality of sound devices by exploring their bodily aspect. These actions are developed directly in connection with an affirmative dramaturgy, each of which is metaphorically concluded by the death of the microphone or the speakers from which the sound emanates.
Davide Tidoni is an artist and researcher interested in the relational dimension of listening and the physical experience of sound. His research is in the form of performances, sound recordings, video documentation and listening workshop. He recently published a sound ethnography of the BRESCIA 1911 group (The Sound of Normalization, SARU Oxford Brookes University, 2018).
- 13.03.2019 | 13:00 > 14:30
- Avatar Centre | 541 rue De Saint-Vallier Est, Québec Canada
- Meduse Cooperative – Avatar Center
- With the financial support of the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec
National Coordinator : Diane Isabelle, Program Manager
- In partneship with Pépinières Européennes de Création, the Finnish Artists’ Studio Foundation and the City of Quebec.